Topham Guerin is seeking an enthusiastic Senior Account Director to join our Sydney team.
We're a close-knit bunch of crafty thinkers and advertisers, and we're growing quickly in Australia. That's why we're looking for an ambitious Senior Account Director with strong leadership skills. You will be responsible for steering major accounts and ensuring client satisfaction at all times, as well as motivating and managing junior members of your team.
You must have an advertising agency background and experience in managing multiple client accounts of varying scope and content. Clients will include major public and private sector campaigns, and not-for-profit organisations, so previous work with high profile clients is essential. The role involves daily interaction with clients and stakeholders, so excellent verbal and written communication skills are critical.
This is a unique opportunity to join our fast-growing team at a senior leadership level.
As Senior Account Director at TG you will:
- Oversee and manage major client accounts across industries, including public and private sector clients
- Work closely to understand client goals and build collaborative working relationships with them
- Lead and direct client projects to deliver results, meet deadlines and budgets, and exceed goals
- Develop overall project plans and oversee their implementation for the duration of the engagement
- Regularly provide insights, perspective and analysis for clients, and identify opportunities for them to succeed in their objectives
- Analyse and report on campaigns and recommend improvements and adjustments when necessary
- Prepare and organise internal briefs, memos and documents to enable all TG team members to service client requests
- Deliver client presentations and facilitate workshops
- Anticipate requests before they are received
- Look for opportunities to grow or expand TG’s work with the clients you manage
- Continuously learn and develop your own skills and knowledge to initiate creative and unconventional solutions to client problems
- Keep up to date with changes in the marketing landscape to inform and keep clients relevant and ahead of the game, and coach them to keep pace with changing requirements.
- Motivate, manage and coach junior team members
- Work well under pressure
- Provide input on new processes, systems and workflows
- Manage weekly campaign and client status updates
What you bring to the role:
- 4+ years advertising agency experience in client account management
- Brilliant written and oral communications skills
- Exceptional client handling and internal stakeholder skills
- Strong track record for building trusted relationships with clients and colleagues
- Proven experience with strategic thinking, complex decision-making, and digital marketing
- Good understanding of brand campaigns, commercial advertising, digital advertising platforms, including campaign strategy
- Experience in managing teams and personnel
- Agility to oversee multiple projects across multiple clients
- Ability to prepare and deliver presentations for senior-level executives and management within client organisations
- Entrepreneurial attitude, creativity and a willingness to learn and expand
Please submit your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 25 October 2020.